- Notice of the Launch of Japan Platform for Patent Information
Notice of the Launch of Japan Platform for Patent Information
The Japan Patent Office (JPO) and the National Center for Industrial Property Information and Training (INPIT) have launched Japan Platform for Patent Information (J-PlatPat) on March 23rd 2015, which is a new service to provide patent information including utility-model, design, trademark information.
The new service provides an enhanced environment for searching basic information needed for an intellectual property strategy building as well as a functional and simple user interface.
Features of the New Service
- J-PlatPat enables users to access to almost all official gazettes which have been issued by JPO.
- Keyword search in English is available on PAJ search (from 1976).
- What’s PAJ? ⇒ PAJ stands for Patent Abstracts of Japan. It is abstracts of published patent application which has been issued after 1976.
- J-PlatPat enables users to search official gazettes which have been issued since 1885 by patent classification (FI or F-term).
- What’s FI ⇒ FI is a classification which is given by JPO to make prior art searches more efficient. The IPC is subdivided or expanded into the FI.
- What’s F-term ⇒ F-term is the technical term made from multiple viewpoints for computerized retrieval of the patent documents, which is given to the patent documents by JPO.
- For further information on FI or F-term, you can use PMGS (Patent Map Guidance System). By using “keyword search”, you can reach to suitable FI or F-term.
- J-PlatPat enables users to access to English version (machine translation) of patent, utility model gazette which has been issued since 1993 and design official gazette which has been issued since 2000.
- The new service provides a user-friendly and simple user interface to a wide range of age groups.
Department of IP Information Services
National Center for Industrial Property Information and Training (INPIT)