- IPR Information Provision Services
IPR Information Provision Services
Introduction to J-PlatPat
- Industrial Property (IP) information is a repertory of technical information. The efficient use of this information is indispensable for the further activation of research & development and technical development.
- Therefore, the National Center for Industrial Property Information and Training (INPIT) provides “J-PlatPat” for anybody to retrieve IP information free of charge anytime, anywhere through Internet. J-PlatPat reflects the strong wish for providing a user-friendly service “Easy access, easy find”. J-PlatPat provides information about gazettes concerned with patents, utility models, designs, and trademarks that have been issued by Japan Patent Office since the Meiji Era (1868 - 1912). This platform also provides IP information about foreign gazettes and progress information to help checking the examination status of each application easily.
- J-PlatPat has rich search functions and user interfaces to efficiently provide IP information expected by users. This platform is also interlinked with external services, such as J-GLOBAL (Japan Science and Technology Agency) and Machine Translation and Retrieval System of Chinese and Korean Documents (full text search for machine translations of Chinese and Korean documents). J-PlatPat is a new information platform that provides IP information by supporting new types of trademarks, such as colors and sounds.
- The Patent Abstracts of Japan (PAJ) have been issued since 1976. The PAJ consist of English abstracts, with a representative drawing, of published patent applications filed by Japanese applicants. The PAJ have been provided for more than 60 overseas patent offices in order to be at least used as minimum documentation in prior art searches for PCT applications, to be references to the contents of the applications, and to promote technology transfer to developing countries based on Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT).
- The PAJ are also available in the J-PlatPat database free of charge.
- Please access the J-PlatPat at the following URL.
- You can search the PAJ by inputting either keywords or IPC of unexamined patent applications. You can use a combination of keywords by selecting AND/OR. In addition, you can narrow down the range of publication dates and also search by IPC classification.
IP Information Provision Services Department
National Center for Industrial Property Information and Training (INPIT), Shiroyama Trust Tower 8F, 4-3-1 Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-6008 Japan.